The process of buying an engagement ring is one of the most challenging and expensive investment that a man could ever make yet. Much of the discussion surrounding engagement rings hinges around the cost. A beautiful ring with stones can come at a staggering price tag. However, experts suggest spending no more than two months’ worth of wage on the ring. Aside from the cost, there are also several other factors to consider when buying. But before you embark on your shopping adventure on top Melbourne engagement rings shops, you might want to know about a few facts about these rings.
Hopefully, these 10 facts will provide more insight into your search for that perfect ring:
1. The round brilliant cut is the most popular shape for diamond engagement rings. This particular cut best showcases the diamond; hence, the reason for its popularity. The round shape therefore scores a big hit when it comes to bling quality and style, while keeping the look timeless.
2. The tradition of engagement rings started way back in 1477 when archduke Max Millian gave a gold ring set to his beloved, Mary of Burgundy. This gold ring served as his token of love.
3. Buying diamond rings online is considered to be cheaper compared to buying on a high street. According to experts, you can save up to 25% on your purchase of Melbourne engagement rings online.
4. The two most common types of metal used for making engagement rings are platinum and white gold. However, these two are also the most expensive types of metal available. Therefore, you will find several rings that are now made with palladium, which is an equally precious and durable metal without the high price of white gold and platinum.
5. Did you know that you can put ultraviolet light on a diamond causing it to illuminate in the dark afterwards. Experts believe this is a good test to be performed to check the authenticity of your diamonds.
6. Even though Valentine’s Day is held in February, December is the most popular time for getting engaged.
7. The earliest records of diamonds were traced back to 800 BC. However, it was not until the 15th century when diamonds were used on engagement rings and wedding bands.
8. The average carat of diamonds used on engagement rings is 0.37 carats.
9. Several jewelers and sellers of engagement rings (online or not) now provide buyers with the ability to customize their design. Hence, this is a good option to consider for those looking for a specific style of ring.
10. The most expensive engagement ring is the De Beers Platinum. It is a 9-carat diamond ring and is estimated to cost approximately £1.2 million.
To ensure the quality and authenticity of the ring you buy, choose reputable Melbourne engagement rings shop. GN Jewellers in Australia has been in the industry for several generations. Hence, you can trust on them to create not just authentic rings, but good quality ones, too. Visit them at http://www.gnjewellers.com.au/.